Monday, January 31, 2005

farewell old friend

I would be referring to my Honda of course. Yes I finally got a new car on monday and picked it up on tuesday.. and damn was it stressful. So on monday I went to Thomas auto sales in Hillsboro and ended up driving a few cars around and picked one out. My new car is a 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT and its great and I really like it so far. Its all black, has leather interior, has a nice 6 speaker stereo system including factory tweeters in the a pillars which is really cool, and I'm really impressed with the sound. The only gripe I have is the cd player has some issue most likely with the lense, because it skips the cd all over the place.. yet its not that big of a deal because I just bought a new cd/mp3/wma player a few months ago and I'm going to install it anyway. Another cool thing is the steering wheel has the stereo controls integrated into it.. but I'm not sure how or if thats going to work with my new deck, but then again it has a remote anyway so whatever. The car is in great shape.. and the only minor flaws I've seen are the few little rock chips on the hood.. but there aren't many. The paint is in awesome shape, yet when they waxed it last time they didn't get all the shit out of the cracks so I'm gonna do a complete work over in about a week or so. It has every option available when it came out as far as I can see, and the power moonroof is awesome. Its really fast too, its got the 3.4 liter v6 with Ram Air and has dual exhaust, 2 tips on each side too.. it has 175 hp I believe. Overall I'm really happy because its sporty and fast, plus its got plenty of room for passengers and cargo, and its got the leather interior, which also happens to be in great shape.. doesn't look like many people even sat in the back. From what I was told, it belonged to a business guy who drove back and forth to seattle all the time, so its mainly freeway miles which is nice.

Anyway, I did the deal on monday, but had to wait till tuesday because I had to bring in my honda as a trade.. which they actually gave me 1800 dollars for, haha. The thing is, I told them my car was starting to have engine problems and it wasn't in the best shape.. of course it wasn't that bad either and the inside has always been nice. The car had been sitting for a week and I was driving my sisters truck.. the reason behind that you can find in my last post. So I was really stressed because I had to drive the goddamn thing from my place over 20 miles to hillsboro.. and the car had a hard time even starting.. not to mention as I was driving it started leaking more oil and the smoke was coming through my vents and out my exhaust as I was driving up 26. I was fucking paranoid because I figured it would crap out on me any second.. and then when I got off the highway I had to go through shitloads of stop lights which fucking sucks since I have to throw it into neutral at each one and hold the gas down so it doesn't die. So when I got to the dealership I coasted in and rolled into a spot and it sputtered and died. So I got it there and was relieved but kind of nervous because they gave me a lot for the trade sight unseen and the car obviously isn't worth near 1800. It barely started when the guy was doing the trade in checklist. All I can say is whatever, because car dealers pull shit on people all the time and its not like I lied about the car sucking ass... so after that I finished the deal and drove the fuck outta there! I didn't even leave the stereo or speakers, haha.. hell I paid for all of that.

I've been through a lot with my old accord since I got it back in 98, it was my first and only car until now.. but it was its time, it was 18 yrs old and time was taking its toll on everything, hopefully they do something worthwhile with it, even if that means parting it out.

2 comments:

Big D Sims said...

Way to screw the car dealer, its ok though, they are always screwing everybody else.

WNW said...

If they accepted the trade without looking at it they probably knew they were screwed on that front but they sold you a car and that's their bottom line