Sunday, January 23, 2005

working my ass off

So for the past week I've been working a shitload of hours at work because there are a couple of new bonus programs in effect plus there is usually always unlimited OT. Now I haven't actually taken advantage of all of this because 1. work sucks, and 2. I didn't want to because work sucks. I have started to look at this from a different angle and am now using it to my advantage so I can make a lot more money. The way it works, besides the unlimited OT.. is that for every 2 hours I work over my scheduled shift, I get an extra $10 bucks, and also.. they have 4 hour blocks you can work and get an extra $15 for each one, but the thing about that one is the hours have to fall into a block of time you aren't normally scheduled. So basically this week I started off by working on one of my days off, Sunday the 16th for 5 hours because I got up late. This day also happened to be the first day of the pay period, then I took monday off to go car shopping, but came in tuesday worked 8 hrs, then on wednesday I worked 10 hrs, and on thursday and friday I worked 12 hrs each.. and finally this saturday I worked from opening to close (4 am - 9 pm) which was 16 grueling hours. I've never worked that many hours in a day before and needless to say it sucked. So far I have over 74 hrs for the week, about 35 being overtime hours because I worked today for 11 hrs which is my day off. So anyway, I should end up working another 88 hours or so because I'll be working 12 hr days until the 31st, and next saturday I'm gonna try to pull off another 16 hr shift, so we'll see if I do. Anyway, seeing as most of you probably don't care as much about this as I do, all I will say now is that all those hours plus the bonuses that will be attached to all those hours shall give me a nice chunk of change when I get paid on the 10th, which will kick ass because I'll be able to pay off everything I owe on, almost everything anyway, and I plan on working a buttload of hours for the next few weeks so the check afterwards will be big as well.. hell I'll probably stick a lot of it in a savings account for once! I'm excited for all this

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jesus your posts are long

Rob said...

well I rarely ever post lately so I cover more in each one